Sunday, January 21, 2007

Time to get back on the horse!

I feel as if I'm treading water here, just maintaining and not putting any real effort into losing weight. That is so true, I have to finish my diet before I get married (probably in October) and I'm sick of having this 'I'm on a diet, but I'm not acting like that I'm on one' feeling.

I got broadband a week ago, and had a look at Renee Gets Fit. She had this video blog entry where she says that she'll buy heaps of things when she finishes her diet. Well, I want that. Or more specifically, I want a better digital camera. I just got an insurance replacement for the one that was stolen in the burglary, and it's not that great. The LCD display is too small, since I like to view photos on the screen, that is an issue for me. An important issue. Also, the resolution would be double my current resolution (8MP vs 4MP). It's a Kodak C875.

So my plan, similar to Renee's is to put away money, $10 per kg towards the camera. That's good, but I want to lose weight quickly, not slowly. So what's the plan for that? Each week (on a Sunday), I have $5 that can either be placed in the (sealed) jar if I have lost 700g or more, or the money is simply given away. That's right, left in the library, dropped onto the pavement, something like that. Since I hate wasting money, that's my disincentive to gain weight or be stable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia Ora, No prize or weight lost for guessing what country I am from. If you are throwing money away, throw it my way !!! (hehe) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Me - again I have listed your blog @ #945 on NZ Blogs, blog