Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 3

As expected, the weight loss is going well. Of course, that's because my body is emptying itself of all of the food inside me, I probably haven't lost much fat. But I should include it as actual weight loss, because when I finish this diet, my weight will suddenly gain as my body fills up with food again.

I'm not sure how often to post weights, but today I am 81.25kg averaged, which means that I am the lowest weight in 7 days. I like thinking in terms of "lowest weight in ... days/weeks/months/years" because there is nice feeling when I lose weight so instead of being lowest weight in say, 12 months, the next day I am lowest weight in 18 months. Of course that's because 12 months earlier I started putting on weight.

I have decided to modify the Zone diet: because of various concerns, I have decided on various minimums and maximums:

at least 500g of vegetables (usually frozen)
maximum of 70g of protein
if I am losing weight too quickly, eat a quantity of nuts

I will probably modify that as time goes on and I get the 'feel' for this weight loss.

No comments: