Sunday, February 04, 2007

Still here and losing


Right this very moment I am staying at my father's place - it is very stressful for all sorts of reasons, mainly related to my brother staying here as well. I thought I'd visit and we'd have the whole family here for the first time in 4 years, I'd forgotten how difficult he is to be around. That said, I'm going home in a day so I can relax then.

Surprisingly, I'm losing weight. I'm not sure why, since I am comfort eating because of the stress, I think that the scales are telling me lies but I can't be sure and I don't want to start using two scales, it's too fiddly.

While it's nice to lose weight, the problem with this is when the scales start telling the truth, I may not seem to be losing, or even may start gaining. In terms of money towards the camera, I'm still doing that, but I've decided to not throw money away until I get back home. I see the punishment of throwing money away as not fair since this situation is out of my control.

Time for a new graph, I'm taking reading twice a day and then fiddling the numbers so fluctuations are smoothed out. The last part of the graph looks really good but how long will it last?

2 comments:

JOY said...

The graph looks very positive!

This is a great way to monitor your progress. If you look at this when you are tempted to binge it surely will give you the strength to stand strong and not give into tempatation!

You should be very very proud.

Anonymous said...

You're doing fantastic!

I completely understand about your family issues - my relationship with my family has gotten so much better since I moved from Hawaii to Wisconsin! LOL!