Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First entry

I thought I'd start my own blog - for the last 10 kg that I want to lose (actually it's 10.8 kg but "The last 10.8kg" doesn't sound quite right). I have lost about 7kg so far - that's 17.3 kg in total that I want to lose.

Today is a special day. Why? Because I'm buying some whey powder. I've never bought it before, but my intention is to use it as a source of protein (which it is). I have found protein especially good for losing weight, the only problems with protein is that it's expensive. My favourite meat, shaved ham costs about $NZ100 per kg of protein. That's just too expensive for me, since I want to consume about 60g a day. A much cheaper source of protein is fish, typically $NZ50 a kg of protein. But sardines, which is what I usually have, are smelly, messy and I'm not really keen on them. Salmon, at roughly the same cost is better tasting, but still messy.

Anyway, I found a good source of whey powder at the same cost as fish. Sure, you have to buy a big container, which will last a month, but it must be better than sardines. As a treat today, I'll buy myself an afternoon tea as a 'last fancy meal', before I start losing weight again. I'll also allow myself treats every 500g lost, I just can't go too long without a good coffee and slice.

As for this blog, it is my intention to post to it weekly. When I finish my diet, I'll post monthly. Hopefully that should keep me on track.

No comments: