Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Halfway


Yes folks, I am just over halfway through my weight loss journey. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's taken 11 months to do so, lose 8.8 kg. Pretty slow, yes I'd agree. Click on the graph to see why, lots of ups and downs. Lots of time wasted. I've gained 5-7kg of weight in those 11 months, which I had to lose (as well as the original 8.8kg). So nearly 40% of the time I'm losing not the original weight, but the recent gain. No one said losing weight was easy! It's interesting looking in detail at the graph. The gain in late July was caused by my starting a course at university, it took nearly 3 months to recover from. The second major gain in early November was caused by finishing the same course, 2 1/2 months wasted trying to recover from. That's nearly 6 months wasted just by life changes.

On another note, I'm listening to a "mind programming" CD that comes with a book written by Paul McKenna called "I can make you thin", ISBN 0593050541. I'm not crazy about the title, but listening to the CD every day seems to help. This brings up the issue of weight loss books. I've read a few, and my thoughts (together with reading the readers reviews at Amazon.com) is that no weight loss book, no matter what it's like is going to help a person with weight loss unless the reader reads the book numerous times and structures their life around it. That's why listening to the CD (or others like it, no doubt) helps, but again you've got to listen to it many (maybe hundreds of) times. I'd recommend readers of this blog see whether their local library has a copy. I can't recommend you buy the book, it may just not be any help.

1 comment:

40 Something said...

welcome to the world of weight loss bloggers, good luck with your progress