Monday, January 16, 2006

Losing weight - for the moment







Well, my current weight loss is going ok for the moment. The whey seems to be easy enough to have - it's quick and simple and doesn't taste awful. So I'm losing weight quickly initially (see the graph above) but the quick loss is slowing down. As you can see in the graph, the diamonds show each daily weight, the white line is the 6-day average and the yellow line is the 3-day average. I look at this graph most days to tell me how I'm going, of course it means that every day there is that feeling of anticipation. Will I lose weight today? Will my average drop by enough? But it's better than say a weekly weigh-in, where there is much more chance to have a problem that you don't know about until it's too late. We all falter, and there isn't a real problem in that, but it's important in my opinion to know when we falter, not a week later.

Because my 6-day average has moved onto another 500g zone (in between 76 and 76.5kg) I had an afternoon tea today - coffee and slice. It was yummy! Muffin Break, of course. Felt good that I can enjoy these rewards and know that they aren't really going to affect my weight loss. I may put on weight tomorrow, but I know that the averages will probably reduce anyway.

No comments: