Monday, October 16, 2006

98 days - sugar cravings

Today started off well, before I came to the realisation that I needed sugar. It's been 3 days, which is pretty short but I'm trying to wean myself off that evil drug, slowly. So I went and had a treat - coffee and slice. I'll see if I can manage 4 days from now.


Monday 16th October
9637 kilojoules
Coffee and slice 4000
Apples 1308 2 of 5
Salada biscuits 750 2 of 3
Cabbage 575 2 of 2
Carrots 459 2 of 5
Spinach 200 2 of 2
Frozen veges 845 2 of 4
Whey powder 1500

This is much higher than it should be, same as yesterday. That's because of the coffee and slice, of course.

Spending:

Monday 16th October
5200
Coffee and slice 4000
Spinach -300
Whey powder 1500

You may notice a few things. First, spinach is negative. Although it is very filling, I have realised that spinach is not really very tasty. So out it goes. Yes, I know that there are starving children in India (did your parents tell you this?). Whey powder is listed each day as being bought. That's because I bought about 45,000 kj of it a while back, that is bound to throw off any calculations short term, so it's easier to list it daily rather than when I buy it.

Total spending is 24,271 / 2 days = 12,135 which doesn't mean much at the moment. Give it a week or so and then it will mean something. I have to say that I really like not counting kilojoules. It makes it much, much easier.

I don't remember whether I've said this or not but my brother and I have now got a system going, put on more than 2kg and we pay the other person $50. That is a good motivator for me, but for him - he's allowed 4kg for Christmas, plus just had an overseas holiday where I said that he could put on 5kg, so he has yet to have any real success. So yes, he's 'allowed' 11kg this year.

Good news too, my girlfriend is sponsoring my weight loss with $5/kg. I'm doing the same for her. The issue isn't the money, I want her on my side when I start to seriously lose weight. Similarly, I want her to lose weight as her weight at the moment is far too high in health terms. I offered to sponsor her $30/kg but the condition was that if she put on weight, she had to pay it back, so she wasn't that keen. Similarly for me of course.

No comments: