Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sugar addiction

Recently, I have been trying to reduce the amount of sugar that I'm eating, with poor results. So I decide to not have a 'treat', and the next day, guess what? I'm having a treat again. A few days ago I had a craving for fudge, something I'm not a great consumer of, simply because someone mentioned it a while ago. It's crazy, and totally uncontrollable. I simply can't go more than about 72 hours without sugar.

The answer is to go cold turkey. No more Muffin Break. No more chocolate. No more sweets. The same goes for bread and fried food as well. How long? As long as possible. It's obvious that moderation is not suitable for me. So as of 7pm on Wednesday 25th, I'm off sugar, for as long as possible.

In order to help with this, here are the things I want to do for the first 3-5 days:
increase protein consumption to 5 units of protein a day instead of 3
reduce or stop consumption of high sugar fruit (oranges, mandarins, apples, pears etc)
try not to eat corn (within reason - if it's mixed in with frozen veges that's ok)
I will try to post here every 12 hours with my progress

No comments: