Wednesday, March 07, 2007

5 days and counting

It's been 5 days since I've had sugar, flour and fried food. It's going well, just like it went well about 4 months ago. The biggest issue will be when I have to go to social occasions, there is a certainty that I won't be able to keep to my diet, that's sad, but there won't be fruit or veges or other things. I want to keep my diet private from the people who invite me, I've been on a diet for so long a while ago I decided that I don't want to get a reputation as being a 'permanent dieter' so any weight loss will be done in the privacy of my own home. Sounds kinky, doesn't it?

I look back and wonder why I didn't keep on with the no sugar etc after the wedding I went to in November. It just is so much easier without it, I don't have the cravings and urges and conflicts that I recall having. Because of this, I've decided to see if I can jump back on the diet when I have to go off because of a social occasion. By that I mean within about 24 hours of going off it, I'm back on it. So a goal for the future is to see whether I can do the 24 hour thing, I hope so but that sugar urge is very strong, as I have come to see clearly now.

It does feel strange that my finances have become such an issue in deciding when the diet finishes. The good thing about being on the sugar/f/ff free diet is that I do spend less on food, yes veges are expensive and I try to have 500g of them a day, but one trip to Muffin Break will buy the equivalent of almost 4 days of veges, so I am definitely saving there.

Speaking of finances, here is the current breakdown on my savings for the camera:

Christmas and birthday gifts = $140

Sunday $1 daily save + $6 food tax = $7
Monday $1 daily save + $2 food tax = $3
Tuesday $1 daily save + $2 food tax = $3
so in total I have $153 towards an estimated $700 for the camera.
(food tax is a fee I charge myself of $2 when I by any food)

Weight: 80.6kg, lowest weight in about 13 days.

2 comments:

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

John, you're amazing! Great job on the new diet, and I know you'll do the best you can during social events. Keep up the great work!

Michelle
http://findingmahealani.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

John

I am SOOOO in on this. Did 7 days in a row about 2 weeks ago and have had a really hard time since then getting back on track.

Flour - do breakfast pita's that are made with unbleached whole wheat flour count?
Any food suggestions in place of flour.
OMG, does that include cereal??!