Sunday, March 04, 2007

Starting over again with the camera money


I have decided that now that I'm losing weight again, I'm going to start over again with the finances for the camera. The reason is that I'm just too far behind, and it's pointless trying to catch up, it'll take too long (months) and be a distraction from the proper saving. It looks like the actual saving is really important for my weight loss.


So I've got money from Christmas and my birthday, and I'm from today putting in money using the same rules as before - currently a dollar a day. I've been putting on weight as the graph shows, I'm back to where I was about a month ago. That's a shame, but those trying to lose weight will know that you've got to let these problems go because there are so many of them over a space of time.

The going without sugar, flour, fried food is going really well. It's only been 2 days (actually about 45 hours) but I haven't been missing it too much. I'll be going shopping today, this is probably the hardest part as walking through the supermarket aisles and seeing all of the food you can't eat can be a bit depressing and frustrating.


5 comments:

TrixieBelden said...

While it can be depressing and frustrating, after a while you don't usually want those foods. They don't make you feel good. The grocery store won't be so hard after a while. I promise.

Anonymous said...

Hey John, that's a great plan - and you're right, everyone has setbacks, you just have to keep on going.

I have a tip for the supermarket - just shop the perimeter of the store and stay out of the aisles as much as possible! I've started shopping at a health foods store and Trader Joe's instead of my regular market. It's been a lot easier!

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

Forgot to mention I'm going to look for the posture book! As soon as I get it, let's do it together!

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Glad to hear you've been doing great with giving up sugar, flour and fried foods. Those are hard things to give up!

jeannie* said...

Hey John -- Seems like youve got a great plan for saving up money!

Hope it went ok at the foodstore :)