Friday, March 16, 2007

Appetite, what appetite?

As it happened, I didn't start off well with the Shang-ri Lah diet, but the last 2 nights I've been having two tablespoons of extra light Olive oil in the middle of the night, when I have my 'gap', which I've been having for years now (caused by depression). It doesn't taste bad, it's quite easy to drink. I wasn't sure whether taking it in the middle of the night was the right thing to do, but it was easy in terms of needing to be at least 1 hour away from the consumption of other food.

So today, I get up and don't bother with breakfast, as I wasn't hungry. By about 2pm I decide that it was probably a good idea to eat something, so I had some whey powder and a few other things. Not much, though. Later on in the day I decided that again, it was a good idea that I should eat some food, lest I become faint due to lack of eating.

I may be corrected later on, but it looks like the Shang-ri Lah dieting is working! I only consumed about 20g of protein today, which is a lot less than usual, but I have to honestly say that today

I HAVE NOT BEEN HUNGRY TODAY AT ALL!

I suppose that I have this fear that the appetite suppressant will lose its effectiveness, after all, things can't be this good, can they? I was surprised that 2 days was all it needed to work. I will slowly get rid of the fear 10, 20, 30 days from now when my appetite still is low and I know that it's not going to come back.

So that's good, I don't know how to take it all in, I'll just wait and see I suppose.

On another good note, the price of the camera that I want to buy when I finish my weight loss has dropped by $100! That means that I won't have to wait too long in order to get it, the day I save up all my money is the day that I finish my weight loss, the two go together. It's a special price, so that means it may go up again, I doubt it'll increase to what it was before.

Yesterday Becky and I were talking about my weight loss. I suppose she's sick of it just as much as I am, so we came to an arrangement. When I finish my weight loss, she'll pay me $100 rather than $5 per kg, and we are going to make a bet about afterwards. We've bet $150 about whether I can maintain my weight after I finish this weight loss, and not gain. I have to stay within 2kg for a year. I think that I can manage that pretty easily, it's a good incentive although she obviously has doubts so it is my job to prove her wrong.

5 comments:

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Glad to hear your diet is working! Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

You drink olive oil?

Maybe I should go read the post about the Shangri-La diet eh?

Hope it keeps working for you.

Step.away.from.the.lollies. :)

jeannie* said...

MMM... olive oil.... Or something like that.

I hope its still working well! Keep it up :)

Weight Master said...

First visit to your site. Motivation is key. I think $150 is worth maintaining my weight for a year. You can easily do that. I'm linking you to my site:
http://weight-master.blogspot.com

JOY said...

Thanks for sharing this with me!

I am still toying with the idea - my husband isn't so keen on me going on this diet he says just eat healthy and exercise!

I love olive oil anyway so i don't see it being a problem!

Will have to see.