Monday, March 26, 2007

Holding steady

One of the problems with this get-a-new-camera diet is that when I don't have the money to put into my jar, I decide to stop losing weight. Such is the case at the moment: money is a bit tight and it will be so for a few weeks, so I am not trying to lose weight at the moment. It does make sense though, my motivation for the camera is greater than the motivation for the weight loss, so I'd rather just hold steady than try to force weight loss and then feel some negativity towards the whole thing and put on a lot of weight.

So that's it, really. Holding steady.

Oh, by the way, the appetite reduction lasted a whole one day. It was rather disappointing, but reading the blog that the books author wrote, he showed graphs on weight loss, people with little weight to lose didn't really lose much on the Shangri-Lah diet. They certainly lost it though if they were heavier though. I'd still recommend it to others to see if it works for them.

2 comments:

jeannie* said...

Theres something to be said about holding steady... because sometimes thats just as hard as losing! So hang in there and hopefully youll be able to start saving up again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! Holding steady is frustrating - but your body has to adjust and take a rest now and then. I have had lots of plateaus since I started May 1, 2006 - with 70ish lost so far, 80ish to go. Keep eating healthy and the scale will move in its own sweet time.